walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Let's Get Rolling

Okay, where do I start?


So I have another blog (maybe I'll link it eventually) elsewhere on the intarwebz (who doesn't?). Not long ago, I noticed that most of my recent posts have been about bikes and cycling.


Since most of my friends aren't cyclists, and probably aren't anywhere near as enamored as I am of reading post after post about bikish stuff, I figured I would start a bike blog — as if the world needs another bike blog :)


I doubt mine will be as awesome as those of my idols (say, for example, RANTWICK or The Fat Guy or The Fat Cyclist), all of whom are far smarter, funnier, more topical, and more original than I can ever hope to be. However, since I can't restrain my urge to write about bikes and biking, you're stuck with me!


So who, you might ask, am I?


I'm a highly opinionated youngish software & web development guy in Louisville, KY. I am crazy enough to commute by bike, in traffic, in all weather conditions (I love riding in snow). I'm not so much in it for the 'green' factor (though that doesn't hurt) as the fact that biking is fun and costs a heck of a lot less than driving. If you live here, and you work downtown, ummmm, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you that one time -- I was still learning! :D


I'm currently trying to steel my nerves to make some friends among the Real Cyclists in Louisville (the ones who have clubs and may or may not be seen in tights). I'm pretty shy, so wish me luck :) Maybe I'll even become one of them some day!


My other interests include horses, dogs, cats, writing, music, visual art, and theology. I write about those topics (not to mention various other rantings and ravings) in my other 'blog, so you won't see much about them here. In theory.


Once I get a camera, you will see pictures from my rides, pictures of my bikes, and so forth. The blogs of other cycling types assure me that I am not alone in my desire to document my rides and subject the rest of the universe to them show them to all the good people of the internet :)


Well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment