walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Brief Confession

I am not afraid of much in the world.

Heartbreak is at the top of the list, followed by ticks (yes, ticks -- I love almost all arthropods, but ticks just creep me out).

Criterium racing is about third on the list, and it's a totally irrational fear. I'm not afraid of crashing or road rash or pain, just that I'll be horrible at it and take a really long time to realize that. I'm worred about obliviously being That Guy at every single race until some kind soul takes pity on me and says, "Ummm, I don't want to be a jerk, but would you mind just not riding any more crits? Like, ever? Because we're all completely terrified of you and that makes it really hard to have a good time out here."

This is part of the reason I'm bound and determined to try it. I'm hoping to prove myself wrong.

We now resume our regular broadcast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment