walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Better Blogs Than Mine: Redux

Actually, this is about just one better blog than mine.

My sister, Abi, is a phenomenal person.  She's also a person who has struggled for almost her entire life with the way American culture treats people who are heavier than average.

Here, in my bike blog, I write mostly meaningless crap intended to be a little bit funny and to bolster my mood when I'm wrestling with a depression.  Meanwhile, in her blog, Abi is writing about real stuff -- stuff that matters, stuff that hits hard, stuff that people really actually need to hear (because, really, nobody needs to hear about my silly commuter races).  She's writing about the struggles we all face -- not just those of us who wrestle with our weight, but also those of us who are visibly (and sometimes invisibly) 'different' in any way, shape, or form.

Abi's my big sister, so I've been learning from her all my life. 

Obviously, I've still got a lot to learn.

Go read Abi's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment