walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, for TomorrowToday We Die Ride


Well, the day is officially upon us.

Today, I am going to get back on the bike, and I am going to ride with ridonkulous lacrity (if alacrity means speed, 'lacrity' must surely mean its opposite, since the prefix 'a' indicates the absence of something ... right? :D) to the eye doctor (also to the Market Street shop).

I intend to ride as slowly as I know how humanly possible. I will ride in my tiny gears. I will be careful and reasonable and if I get tired I will sit down and wait for the bus (though I'll probably get off the road first).

Surely, this momentous occasion calls for some kind of libation, but I'm broke right now, so I will have to settle for something with enough caffeine in it to keep me awake while I'm getting fitted for contact lenses.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment