walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Awkward

I tried a different route this morning -- Broadway instead of Jefferson. I was feeling optimistic about it because it's basically the same route I normally ride home. However, it didn't work out as I had hoped.

Turns out that there was more traffic and more random on-street parking (most often single cars parked mid-block) — and while it's entirely possible to get around parked cars safely even when you're basically required to travel in the lane where they're parked, it's a pain and makes the trip less fun. If there are more than one or two cars parked, I feel comfortable assuming the rightmost lane is in parking lane mode, but that was rarely the case on Broadway.

Tomorrow I plan to ride roughly my usual route, only instead of rolling up Jefferson, I'm going to jaunt over to the bike path by the river, because it's a really pleasant ride.

I hope to have a camera soon. I'll have to start with a cheap one, since I need to replace my turtle's aquarium, which he has outgrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment