walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Yesterday, I Drove A Car...

...for the first time in ... um ... so long I can't actually remember how long ago it was that I last drove a car (it has been at least a year, not counting the time I pulled my roomie's car from the gas pump to a parking space while he was buying a snack in the store). Wait! Yes I do. It was, in fact, last summer. I drove back from Clifty Falls so Cameron could chill and watch the scenery for once.

In the process, I learned a couple of things: first, that driving on Bardstown Road is much scarier than cycling on Bardstown Road. Second, that I have not actually forgotten how to drive. Third, that if you want to be a nice, kind, considerate driver, you should drive like you've got a person who just got out of surgery sitting in the passenger's seat.

I also learned that I would still much rather ride my bike than drive.

I'm sure none of you will be surprised to learn that this did not come as a surprise.

In other news, I also learned that I still can't say no to Triscuits. I ate pretty much an entire box yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment