walking around in tap shoes and pyjamas since 2010 - my cycling log (opens in new window)

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Good Month So Far

In the last week (Wednesday to Wednesday), I've logged 108 road miles and some (much smaller) number of off-road miles. I haven't started officially logging those yet. This puts me less than 250 miles from my September mileage goal, so that's pretty awesome.

I've also got a few pix up from Monday's ride — well, five, to be exact. I have more, but I didn't have time to post many of them last night.

This was the scene shortly after I arrived:

From Mayor's Healthy Hometown Subway Fresh Fit Hike and Bike Ride, Labor Day, 2010

It wasn't even 9:00 AM yet, and already there were throngs of bikes, cyclists, and walkers.

Just a little while later, there were even more:
From Mayor's Healthy Hometown Subway Fresh Fit Hike and Bike Ride, Labor Day, 2010

Here's the ride staging:
From Mayor's Healthy Hometown Subway Fresh Fit Hike and Bike Ride, Labor Day, 2010

I learned that my phone's camera does interesting things to perspective. Essentially, the arch looks way farther away than it really was.

Here's the finish, a few minutes after I rolled in:
From Mayor's Healthy Hometown Subway Fresh Fit Hike and Bike Ride, Labor Day, 2010

This shot includes a good number of the riders who had returned by that point. There was another small group off to the right. I'm going to try to stitch them together into a panoramic shot in Photoshop. You can see that the organizers had already taken down the starting arch — this was a truly monumental ride, but a dedicated organizational team and awesome volunteers made it run like clockwork.

After the ride, I 'treated' Quicksilver to some off-road fun. I'm sure he enjoyed it. Really.

From Mayor's Healthy Hometown Subway Fresh Fit Hike and Bike Ride, Labor Day, 2010

Perhaps someday I'll actually get a decent shot of me ON my bike. Right now it kind of seems like my bikes go on all these great rides all by themselves. That would be kinda cool, but not as cool as going with them :)

Oh, also, a hearty "Thanks!" to the fellow who recognized me and said Hi and asked if I was doing OKHT! Unfortunately, I didn't recognize you :( I admit it. I am terrible at recognizing people except by specific key identifiers (e.g., a familiar bike, helmet, or jersey, for cyclists), and somehow couldn't place yours. It was, however, really nice to be greeted by name amidst 7,400 of my closest friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment